The Sunshine Blogger Award ☀️
I love everything that the Sunshine Blogger Award stands for. Nowadays, I feel like there is a mentality of bringing other people down instead of lifting them up. Since I started blogging, I’ve been inspired by so many accounts! I’m glad to say that my personal experience with the book community (so far) has been great!
A huge shout out to Cielo over at @bellerosereads for nominating me! Thank youuuu :))
Info about the post:
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How does it work?
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. What’s your favorite #OwnVoices book and why?
China Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan. It’s the second book from the Crazy Rich Asians trilogy and to me the best story line was not even the main one. This is why it’s my favorite #ownvoices book.
When I first started reading Crazy Rich Asians, I thought I would love the main love story. When I finished the first book and the more I kept reading China Rich Girlfriend, the more I wanted to know about Astrid and Michael. Astrid is Nick’s (one of the main characters) cousin.
2. What’s your favorite literary couple and why?
Rhysand and Feyre from the ACOTAR series. Yeah, I know… it’s a very unoriginal answer BUT I just love their relationship! They might be my favorite literary couple because I originally wasn’t expecting them to end up together. I just love how they protect each other and care for one another.
3. You can only decide one genre to read for the rest of your life. Which one is it?
Probably Fantasy. This genre is an umbrella term for many other types of sub-genres that I also like that involve magic or some sort of supernatural character(s).
4. Your top 5 favorite booktubers
5. Best and worst book you’ve read this year.
Well.. let’s just say that my least favorite book I’ve read this year (so far) has been “Holding up the Universe” by Jennifer Niven. I wrote a book review about it if you’re wondering why I didn’t enjoy it (*contains spoilers). If you haven’t read this book, basically the reason why I didn’t like it was because of the overall plot and the relationship between the two main characters.
Now, “Sadie” has been one of the best books I’ve read this year so far. I also wrote a book review for it if you’re also wondering why (*spoiler-free).
6. A book from the bottom of your TBR that you feel guilty of not reading it yet.
“The Seven Husband of Evelyn Hugo” by Taylor Jenkins Reid. I’ve only heard and read good things about this book! I want to read it so badly but every time I’m about to buy a book via Amazon, I end up choosing a different book and tell myself that “next time” I’ll buy it. Hopefully, I’ll read it this year.
7. What’s your Hogwarts house? (If you haven’t read HP, you can skip this question)
8. Three books that have had the biggest impact in you
1. The Perks of being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.
2. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
3. I can’t think of a third book that impacted me as much as the previous two (especially as much as Kite Runner)
9. What are some of your blog’s goals that you wish to achieve this year?
- Write at least 1 post every week
- Get 500 wordpress.com followers
- Receive a physical ARC
- Connect with other book bloggers and find more book blogs
- Participate on a Blog tour
- Guest post on 3 blogs
10. One tip that you would give to someone who wants to start a book blog
Starting a blog can seem overwhelming at first (and it is) but DON’T GIVE UP. It will all be worth it! Consistency and joining book twitter (book blogging twitter) is key.
11. What are some other things you love to do besides reading/blogging?
I LOVEEE going to the movies and attending live concerts (always with friends or family)! Also, I’ve never done either of these things by myself ?. I just enjoy it so much and most of the years these moments end up being one of my many favorites.
I love learning about the BTS (behind the scenes) aspects of film/TV like producing, directing, and screenwriting. Also, I would love to learn how to play every single instrument.
Talking about screenwriting… I also love writing in general (not as much as going to the movies or going to a live concert tho). I feel like I don’t do it as often as I used to, but writing down ideas about stories that I believe should be told, is so liberating!
1. What inspired you to start a blog?
2. Who are your favorite authors?
3. A book that you loved but would not read again. (Because it’s too long, it made you cry, it gave you nightmares, it’s just the type of book that you read once, etc…)
4. What book or book series were you not expecting to love/hate?
5. Is there any book that had inspired you to do something? Which one and what did it inspire you to do?
6. What is one thing that you love about the book blogging community?
7. What are your Top 3 favorite fictional cities?
8. A GIF or meme that describes your current read
9. Name a book series or standalone book that you think is underrated
10. Do you prefer it when a book has a happy ending?
11. What are 3 things that you love about blogging?
Lovelene over at @thesetrappedwords
Marta over at @thebookmermaid
Noura over at @theperksofbeingnoura
Madeline over at @madsbooks
Jillian over at @jillianetc
Sofia over at @aelinskingdom
Claire over at @clairefy
Maddy over at @missmaddychats
Dani over at @metamorphoreader
Leah over at @onemorechapter
Juri over at @tomesandthoughts